Monday, February 03, 2014

Life is like a roll of toilet paper

Monday Morning Mojo logo
By Tom Tognoli, COO & Founder, Intero Real Estate Services, Inc
tpWhere does the time go?
This past Friday I turned 50. I feel great and don’t feel 50…however that is supposed to feel, but it is still hard for me to wrap my head around. I feel like I am maybe in my mid 30’s, but 50…no way. Where does the time go? I am sure most of you reading this can relate.
Now…don’t get me wrong…it’s all good and I am good with it. I am blessed with so many amazing things…a great family, I live in the most amazing place in the world, I am healthy, my family is healthy, I am happily married and I have two great kids, I live in a beautiful home, have great friends, and have helped build a great company, but how in the world did this happen? How did I get to be 50? How did it become 32 years since I graduated high school? How have I been married for 22 years? How has it been over 12 years since we started Intero? And how in the world did my boys get to be 16 and 14? All of you with kids totally get this.
We’ve all heard our parents say “Enjoy life it goes by so fast,” and “Those were some of the most memorable times in our lives.”
It’s said to us again and again all through our lives – we hear it from our parents and/or grandparents. They have lived and learned and do all they can to make sure we slow down long enough to appreciate the moment. They say “quit living for tomorrow, appreciate what you have today.” They know how awesome life is and they now realize themselves the key is to savor it.
Unfortunately for so many of us, we are so preoccupied with the opportunities of tomorrow to slow down to appreciate the gift of today.
Why is it, more times than not, when we reflect back on the past we realize they were right?
Imagine if you could go back and do it again, how much more would you appreciate the moment a second time around, knowing what you know today?
Remember today is yesterday’s tomorrow, and it was what you were looking forward to last week, last month, and last year. Be fired up about today, and make today count because tomorrow will come soon enough. Savor the moment, and be thankful for what you have TODAY – your life, your health, and the ones you love.
As the saying goes – life is like a roll of toilet paper – the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes.
Enjoy it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment