Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Technology WANT vs. NEED


I really want one of the new iPhones from Apple.

There, I’ve declared it to the world.

It turns out that there are benefits for a real estate agent, like me, to have an iPhone. Thank you OMUOTO for helping me begin to justify this business investment. He really did a better job of justifying why my customers would want an iPhone in his article for vflyer Blogsight, but I was able to pick out two components where I might benefit:


  1. The phone part – duh!

  2. GPS – a real estate agent needs to be able to get to and from new places.

Do I need it? Need – there’s a word to get the defined. I looked it up at the Meriam-Webster online dictionary. The verb form of the word, under definition 2 could be usable for me here. The phrase, “a physiological or psychological requirement for the well-being of an organism,” looks like it might apply to me.

As a matter of fact, I think that it absolutely does apply to me.

So long for now. I’m going shopping!

2 comments: